Has anyone actually stopped?

Hey, sorry I’m new to this. This is the first time I have ever wrote in a forum. I haven’t read all the posts yet but I wondered if there is anyone out there who has actually stopped picking? I pick my eyebrows and eyelashes nearly every other day and I have done ever since I was young, I would say around 12/13 and I’m now 35. Today I had a really bad day and have a massive gap on my left eye. I’m now wide awake not being able to sleep wondering if they will grow back this time or not! I am also feeling like I’ve done something to hurt myself, I sometimes feel like it’s self harm in a way (of course I know it’s not). I know it’s bad when I’m doing it and I know how horrible it will be after I’ve done it but for some reason I can’t stop. Thank you.
Tagged:

Comments

• Hi AT and welcome,

You've definitely come to the right place, and yes there are members and coaches that have stopped. I'm currently 37, and like you, have pulled since age 11 on my lashes. I managed 70 odd days being pull free when I first started coaching, and yes, I've slipped up many yes, but with the support on here and through the coaching.care page, I will not give up. Maybe have a look at the thread I set up on here, titled 'how are you feeling?' it'll give you some other people's stories on there as well. We can all do this, and so can you.

Lots of love and kindness being sent your way xxx
  • Hi AT,
    I just want to encourage you because you said you wondered if they would grow back "this time." So, I am 43 and have pulled since 10. I am currently still able to grow all of my eyebrows and eyelashes back after a relapse, even now, after pulling over 33 years to complete baldness on my eyelids and brows. There doesn't seem to be any permanent damage other than maybe a little light in certain spots. They all fill in within about 4-6 months of not pulling. It is SO worth the effort, it feels amazing. Even if I relapse again, I know I can stop again and get complete regrowth. I'm not giving up anytime soon. I will keep fighting.
    Glad you are here.
    Heather

• Heather I love your comment "keep fighting". Such good advice! I've been pulling for about 37 years now and I figured since I'm 50 now, it's time for a change.
    I just started reading this forum and noticed when I read and write posts, I don't pull ☺️
    I'm ready to tackle this thing head on. I know I will have slip-ups but I'm going to keep fighting through them and today will be my Day One!! Who's with me?!?
    Best wishes to all and keep sharing your stories. They are so helpful.
    Take Care fellow Pullers 💪💪
  • Best of luck SleepySloth, it's never too late. Don't let those slip ups get you down. Learn anything you can from them and then move on. We're all behind you, cheering you on <3