Bedtime!!

Hi everyone,

@Gir I've seen how well your 'Pull Free Again; thread has worked so I'm trying it with this too. I've seen that accountability really works!! It's also helped me keep PF with daily reporting on the app.

My bedtime's been a real struggle and I'm working on it for the next two weeks and hope to maintain that. It'll also help me with my triggers and urges.

I'm being realistic so being in bed at 10pm is still too difficult for now. I've set this week's bedtime at 11:30pm - but aiming for 11pm. I'll hopefully reduce it next week.

I've purchased a lovely ring that I will earn after two full weeks of adhering to my new routine. I've placed that near my bed to keep me motivated.

All welcome to post and comment.

Take care and best wishes to all of you. xxxxx
๐Ÿ’•Joy

Bedtime Monday 4th Jan - 11:30pm
Bedtime Tuesday 5th Jan 11:15pm

ยซ1

Comments

• Good luck to you Joy and your new bedtime 'routine'. I know you will be successful ๐Ÿ˜Š I think 2021 is going to be better for all of us!

Talk soon,

SleepySloth
  • edited January 6

Yesss you'll get there @Joy !! My sleep routine isn't very good either , I think it's something alot of people struggle with especially for those who have either grown up with bad sleeping schedules or those who live in the UK where morning grey sky is more depressing than night sky. Anyways Good luckkk :)
    Sending best wishes,

~Yuri

• Morning all,

Thank you so much for your encouragement @SleepySloth and @yurisen .

2021 will be great for all of us!! We just have to decide how we're gonna make it great, so for now this is one way. ๐Ÿ‘Š

Yuri, totally agree about the dull sky in the mornings!! ๐ŸŒจ Especially since I love the stars. so I'm quite a night sky lover!!๐Ÿ’ซ

Feeling much better and well rested this morning!

Have a great day everyone, xx

• Bedtime Wednesday 6th Jan - 11:30pm

• Bedtime Thursday 7th Jan - 11:40pm

Still counting though as it's before midnight.

Trying better tonight.

• @Joy maybe you could try waking up earlier so that you're more tired at night to sleep. Also there's this app called sleep cycle which analyses your sleep and wakes you up at the time you're most awake and not in deep sleep.

Other than that you could identify what really tires you out for example exercising or eating dinner or reading a book and then do that task 30 minutes before your bedtime. It could help if you're really committed to sleeping at that time.

I hope things are going better in the coming days!

~Yuri
  • @yurisen thanks for the wonderful advice! I am trying some of those already like doing activities that help me wind down before I go to bed.

The app sounds really interesting, will check it out...

Take care and good luck on your journey too!

• Bedtime Friday 8th Jan - 10:00pm

So that's made up for my later night this week too. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Bedtime Saturday 9th Jan - 10:55pm

• Well done @Joy for making your bedtime at less than 11 pm! You're getting closer !
  • Hey thanks @yurisen!!

I had a lovely bath with scented candles so that helped me settle into bed earlier. All about self care!๐Ÿ’•

• Bedtime Sunday 10th Jan - 11:30pm

• Bedtime Monday 11th Jan - 11:20pm

• So unfortunately I got pulled out of bed to help my dad with some work yesterday so only got back to bed pretty late. I was so tired this morning and overslept, so I got my sleep, though was late for work:(

I made sure to take a nap when I got home from work too, after exercising, and felt a lot better after that.

Seems I'm going to have to extend this challenge by another week to make up for some missed nights.

• Bedtime Tuesday 12th Jan - 11:15pm

• Super tired today, making it an earlier night

Bedtime Wednesday 1th Jan - 10:00pm

• Bedtime Thursday 14th Jan - 11:30pm

• Bedtime Friday 15th Jan - 12:30am - Weekend after all.

Had a great sleep in, in the morning to make up for a later night.

• Bedtime Saturday 16th Jan - 11:30pm

• JoyJoy
    edited January 17

Bedtime Sunday 17th Jan - 11:30pm

• Wow, you are doing well, Joy - keep going!!! x

• @Neo thank you for the encouragement!!

• Bedtime Monday 18th Jan - 11:20pm

• JoyJoy
    edited January 20

Bedtime Tuesday 19th Jan - 1:20am

I had a big assignment to complete so gave meyslf alowance of an extra hour, unfortunately took longer though. ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜ด

Will try extra early tomorrow.

• omg @Joy this is such a good idea! You've been doing so well!! I wouldn't have been able to get past two days in a row. My sleeping pattern is atrocious lol deadlines really throw a spanner in things don't they?

Well done!! keep going, I'm gunna use this as Inspo to get into a better routine myself <3

• Hey @Gir thanks for your kind encouragement! Believe me, mine was pretty atrocious too. It's taking major effort but so worth it, I really feel the difference now.

Yeah, deadlines are awful if you tend to procrastinate. And procrastination invites urges so gotta be more on top of that.

Hope this helps you too, xxxxx

• Hey everyone,

So last night was another really late night that I haven't done in a while. The good thing is my assignment is entirely completed now!

I was too embarrassed to get on here and admit it but that's exactly what this warm community here is for. โค๏ธ So unfortunately only got to bed at 2:45 am and had a hard time falling asleep until around 3:30 am. ๐Ÿ‘Ž Somehow I still awoke early and felt rested.

Bedtime Wednesday 20th Jan - not too good.๐Ÿ˜”

I've got an international zoom meeting on tonight so will be another late one but really hoping not too late - will get myself all ready before I join the meeting so can hop right into bed!!

Will keep you posted, xxxx

• It's okay @Joy some things are just out of control and it seems like you tried your best those days are just kind of like anomalies in your journey because it wasn't really up to you you had to get the work done ๐Ÿ’™
  • Ah, thanks @yurisen for your kindness. The encouragement does make it easier.

• Hey all,

Been a very hectic few days with a critical family emergency. It's been really tough. Self-care was much harder at this time. I've hardly been sleeping altogether nevermind getting there on time.

Tonight I'm back on things because my body is already giving me too many signs that I'm lacking it.

Bedtime Monday 25th Jan - 11:35pm