New member, hello everyone:) advice please?

Hi everyone I'm Kay. Ive visited this page countless times in the past but never got the courage to sign up. Joining this forum is a huge step for me, as I'm not very keen on talking online. I'm 23 and have been picking for about 10 years now.

I'm mostly an eyelash picker and I did have a few good months where I grew them back and was pick free. I literally felt on top of the world; I could talk to people more confidently, I was able to leave the house without any makeup on and overall just felt unstoppable. Unfortunately I fell off and haven't been able to stop again.

I've had the worst few years now, to the point where I have scars on my fingers that I fear are permanent. I've reached the point where I'm just over it. Reading through these post have really given me a boost in confidence, I want to succeed like you guys.

Sorry I'm rambling but does anyone have any advice in terms of mental space? I feel like I can stop for a while but knowing that the urge will always be there/come back makes we wonder what's the point of trying, you know?

Thank you :)

Comments

• Hi @Kay, sorry for the late reply.

Have you looked into hypnotherapy tracks for tric? Or even general guided meditations.

The urges do lessen over time. You need to stay vigilant to signs of anything that could set you off on the relapse path, but that little bit of worry you feel about maybe slipping up one day is SO much nicer than all of the mental grief you'll be dealing with now, even if you're not consciously aware of it.

Recovery is a journey and you'll learn more about yourself, what helps and what doesn't, as you go along. You don't have to stop pulling and never feel an urge again, you just have to make a start and take it one day at a time :)