New to group/eyelash & eyebrows - How to stop?

Hi everyone! I am new to this group. I am an avid eyebrow/eyelash puller every day since I was 7 years old. I am now 25. I have denied having TTM for so long until last year when something just clicked. I just got so tired of having to hide under makeup, having swollen, puffy eyes from pulling, and just having the emotional toll of pulling. The act is so defeating- every time I pull, I feel so guilty. I too have "controlled" pull sessions with tweezers. I have tried to stop countless times, I have talked to a psychotherapist, and tried NAC. These attempts have helped slightly, but eventually I give up and just go right back into my pulling routine. I wonder everyday if this is how I will be for life. I recently moved in with my boyfriend and I am finding it hard to keep this secret from him. What will he say/do when he finds out I have no eyelashes or eyebrows?

I decided to join this group because I no longer want to hide. I want to face this disease for what it is and hopefully cure myself- and others! I would love to know what has helped those who have stopped or only have small relapses. I am grateful for everyone's support and I am so happy to have found a TTM community. I hope we can all get through this together.

Comments

• Thank you for stopping by. It is so hard to have swollen, puffy eyes and so many of us can relate. Your boyfriend will be fine when he finds out, I am sure. It might be confusing for him at first but there will be something you don't know about him, which he is just as worried about!

How about aiming for one day pull free and then letting us know you have achieved it.

You can do this.

Love and pull freedom
    Neo