Help ...

Ok so it has been a while since I posted but really need some support. I have been hair pulling since I was about 10 (I am now in my early 40s), primarily as a result of being bullied at school. My hair pulling has led to me feeling very self conscious ... i have a bald spot and my hair is now growing white around the bald spot. I dont know what to do as I have tried to quit but cant. I have a lovely husband and son but feel somehow not 100%. The last 2 years with the Covid pandemic havent helped it either. Any advice would be great.

Comments

• Hi @worriedmum, sorry to hear you're struggling. It really has been a tough 2 years, so please don't be too hard on yourself. You're not alone in finding things harder.

Has anything you've tried in the past, helped at all? Do you know what some of your triggers are?

While you're trying to stop, have you seen some of the products that can help to conceal patches? I've heard a lot of good things about the Batiste dry shampoo in hair colours for helping to cover up and boost confidence.