New here advice appreciated

13ยป

Comments

• I must be following your lead @claudia.grace I made it 4 days before I had to start over. Right back on the horse though!!

Keep going @yurisen! We are so proud of you!!

• @claudia.grace 6 days is amazing! It will stick eventually, I believe in you!! You're doing everyone proud :)

• Wooo go @SleepySloth! You're so tenacious, keep at it!! :star:

• @claudia.grace @gir @sleepysloth thank you!

Claudia that progress is amazing! Especially since I think you mentioned you could hardly go past 1 day of pull free. 6 days makes a huge difference! Now you just need to note down what worked and what didn't and go from there :3 good luck keep going
    Same advice I think goes for you @sleepysloth , I think you have given me advice before on how to go trich free so I'm hoping you're taking your own advice and also reflecting on what caused you to relapse and how to prevent it ๐Ÿ’Ÿ

And if you're struggling to find how to improve your methods just start a post and I'm sure alot of people will give you advice and ideas from a different perspective

I hope all are well
    ~Yuri
  • Okay I'm going to feedback here it's been a while!
    I haven't pulled for 30 days now and the methods I'm still using are the scalp massager when I'm studying and at my desk, I don't carry it around anymore because now I'm not as vulnerable when itching my scalp. And I'm still wearing the hat I guess because I got used to it but I'll be taking it off after my next shower :) . As for sleeping sometimes I put my gloves on when I feel my scalp itches too much during that day.

Tip of the week: sometimes it's about fixing your environment and other habits that contribute and lift your fight for being trich free. E.g not missing your shower days because that could leave you in a triggering position. Having a purpose outside of being trich free E.g a daily pinterest wash of motivational quotes and pictures of what you want in life so that you could work toward that everyday or not being around certain people.

I still feel anxious sometimes and have negative thoughts because of how many times I have relapsed or lied to myself about relapsing, I don't have a very high self confidence because of how many times I have failed and sometimes I hear the negative part of myself but I guess it's all about building your self love and not dismissing those thoughts but arguing back at them.

~Yuri
  • Congratulations, Yurisen - that is fantastic. Keep the magic going! After the first 2 weeks, it does get easier.

Welcome, Claudia

You are not alone! You can do this. Your target for now is 2 days pull free - come back and let us know when you have achieved it.

Love and pull freedom
    Neo

• Hiya all!!

So encouraging to get on here after a while and see how hard everyone is working!!

Weel done @Claudia, it's amazing how you've hit into this and ready to try even harder - keep going - fabulous!!

@SleepySloth you're doing great starting with again! How are you getting on now?? Keep the PF magic going!

@Yuri, So proud of you for reaching your one-month goal!!! you're acing this - keep it up!!

This thread has taken such a positive energy and I love it!!

Lot's of love and pull free vibes, xxxx

• Thank you @neo @joy ๐Ÿค
  • ahh i made it to 2 days again!! i am quite proud of myself. i have an app called "i am sober" it basically counts how long you've been sober/clean from certain things and it is like motivating to get a notification saying like you have been hair pulling free for 2 days etc. you can also talk to other people on it and people who hit the same milestones as you. like ive been using the app for about a year and a half for other things and it somehow weirdly helps. also i love all the positivity on this thread it really helps and encourages everyone to keep going. well done everyone you are all doing amazing, i am so proud!! keep going, you've got this!!
  • Well done @claudia.grace!!!

That app sounds great, I've heard of others that use it too but never realized it had that interaction part as well. Such great support.

Keep going hun and all of you, xxxx

• Yeah @claudia.grace it's so good to see you positive about your journey! Keep going and believing in that app ๐Ÿ’—
  • thank youuu @Joy @yurisen i made it back to 4 dayssssssss. i hope everyone is doing wellll keep going you've got thissss!!
  • JoyJoy
    edited February 6

That's super @claudia.grace!!! So proud of you for getting back up!!! Go, girl!!!!

• guys i just made it to a week ๐Ÿ˜Ž i have no idea how ๐Ÿคš๐Ÿป but i dont think i could have done it without all of u so thank u all ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
  • That's amazing @claudia.grace you've made such progress and I see a 1 month target not far behind!!! Yayy so happy for you! ๐Ÿ’Ÿ

~Yuri
  • Come on @claudia.grace you can do this! Lets see the next post for maybe 10 days? We appreciate and believe in you.

Love and pull freedom
    Neo

• ahhhh thank you @yurisen @Neo I MADE IT TO 2 WEEKSSSSS i am so proud of myself i cant believe i did it!!
  • That's amazing @claudia.grace , make sure you journal how you achieved it because incase you need it in the future but you're doing great!!
  • Way to go @claudia.grace ! We are so proud of you kid ๐Ÿ˜
  • I'm back on this thread hello!
    If you have seen my other thread you would know that I have relapsed and started pulling again, my 1 month scalp pull free days were never stable anyways like I would still be triggered to pull if I wasn't wearing the hat.

I'm starting again by journaling everything tomorrow, I had been avoiding the journal because I feel too bad,hopeless and just scared I won't find any solutions but I'm going to face it.

Hopefully I can reawaken this thread and post again about what works for me and kinda like an advice centre for newbies here just like how I did before. Also being motivational and inspiring people to keep going, right now I'm kind off lost myself so I can't fake any motivations but soon I'm sure I will be able to get back up here :3
  • That's great that you're starting Journaling again! It's so so hard to keep going after a relapse, we just want to give up. You can do it!
  • Thank you @R2021 , I seem to be having a problem with pulling that I haven't had before. Little thinking comes before I pull , in the past I thought alot before I pulled or whilst I was pulling so changing that thought process was hard but easier than now. Now hardly any thoughts come to me before I pull and it almost seems unconscious. I'm trying my best right now.
  • Update: today I woke up pretty determined to change but still didn't really know how. Things I will be doing from now on:
    - exercising as soon as I eat breakfast
    - taking my study break away from my study room floor, this has actually been the zone where I pull most
    - refocus my attention and pat on my head when I want to pull (not hard)
  • Hey @yurisen, you're still doing so well. Everyone slips up now and again. Every time you get back on it you are doing such a brilliant thing. The way you are keeping notes is an excellent way of handling it!

It took me a long time to get to the point where I could just stop. I had a long journey and then once I was ready the therapy made the difference.

But I remember when I first stopped more that 7 years ago, I wore a hat for about 3 months non stop. I would cover my head with body lotion to keep it from being itchy and keep the hat on while my hair grew in.

You will beat this, it will stick eventually! Sending loads of love <3

• Oh wow @Gir, it's true that after I started to take the hat off after 2 months I started to pull, which is why I'm also aiming to keep it on for longer like you, so far I've been trich free for 3 days :3 thank you Girl you're very inspiring and reassuring ๐Ÿ’Ÿ
  • @yurisen so proud that even though you had a relapse you are willing to get back up and keep trying that is amazing you can beat this i know it's hard but it is so worth it!!
  • i just hit 5 weeks ๐Ÿ˜—โœŒ๐Ÿป no idea how but basically what i do is as soon as i wake up i put my hat on and also now i can touch my hair without pulling it even if i have the urge to pull it the urge passes and i just find something else to do also if you rlly need something to help then washing the dishes helps ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚ not only does it help yourself or ur parents but ur hands are in water so you cant pull so it's a win win and u can listen to music while washing up and it actually is kind of fun idk maybe it's just me who finds it fun but sometimes washing up is a bit gross lol ๐Ÿค  also my hair is growing back it's not rlly noticable yet but its defo growing back so that is fantabulous ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • That's amazing claudia.grace 5 weeks. Good for you! :)
  • Wow @claudia.grace I'm glad you're journaling it too because that will help people here and also you for future reference! That's amazing I'm on my way there too โค๏ธ